Tuesday 7 July 2015

Day 7 Week 1 Complete.

One whole week of plastic awareness.
I gotta say I am quite plastic overwhelmed and have aplastic headache.

Plastic clothes, plastic shoes, plastic covered food, plastic bags, plastic doors, plastic computers, phones, buildings, appliances, toiletries, radios, drinks, beds, cars...

Anyhoo you get my point.

So today I read about a great idea called Plastic Free Tuesdays
A great way for us nubes to cut down on plastic on a regular basis.
The idea is to try and be plastic free for at least one day a week.
No buying plastic and no binning plastic.

I think after this month I will continue with Plastic Free Tuesdays to keep the momentum going.
Perhaps do a weekly diary then.

There's some great ideas here:
The Rogue Ginger
I particularly like the idea of making your own grocery bags to replace those plastic ones you get to put all your fruit/veg in for weighing.
I wonder what is the best fabric to use...muslin? cotton?

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Refuse.



No comments:

Post a Comment